The United Academics Constitution and Bylaws establishes eight standing committees, chaired by members of the Executive Council. All full members of United Academics are encouraged to participate on the committees. If you are interested in participating, please email the chair of the committee for information on how to get involved.
COLLECTIVE BARGAINING COMMITTEE
GRIEVANCE AND CONTRACT ADMINISTRATION COMMITTEE
- Fields requests by UA members to investigation suspected violations of the CBA by the University of Oregon
- Connects members with stewards who can represent members and investigate suspected violations of the CBA
- Helps members secure due process in CBA-related investigations and a fair and impartial hearing by relevant University personnel
- Interprets the CBA with respect to cases that come before the Committee
- Recommends next steps in the grievance process based on a review of the case
- Proposes amendments to the CBA to better serve members with grievance and contract administration
FINANCE AND BUDGET COMMITTEE
Avinnash is committed first and foremost to making sure that students and communities that have been historically marginalized from and continue to be under-represented within higher education have the opportunities necessary to attend community college, a 4 year university, or a combination of the two. He is also committed to deepening the political strength of our Union along the lines of shared governance, transparency, and academic freedom required for true teaching excellence.